How do you make cookies?

aargersi November 17, 2010

I suggest you search "cookie" on this site - there are a TON of varieties and flavors depending what kind of cookie you are looking for

leftoverquiche
leftoverquiche November 17, 2010

Buy a package of chocolate chips. Follow recipe on back. I find sometimes these are the easiest, no fail recipes!

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles November 18, 2010

Cookies are not hard by any standard. They mostly require flour, sugar, and butter. Through a process called creaming (mixing sugar and butter), you achieve that great chew or crunch depending on the amount of butter you're using. A simple sugar cookie can be a great introduction to cookie making. Simple sugar cookies: in a large bowl add 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/4 light brown sugar, one stick of room temperature, unsalted butter, Using a spatula or whisk, start combing the sugar and butter, do this for about 5-8 minutes, when the two are fully combined, keep whipping until the mixture lightens in color. Add 1 egg and one egg yolk, mix for 3 minutes. Add 1 and a half cups flour and pinch of salt. Mix gently until the flour is just combined. Heat oven to 350 deg F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Portion out dough into 2 tbsp measurements. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely before eating. DONE.