How do you make cookies ?

asked by @jimbo2904 over 7 years ago

My mother always said, if you can read, you can cook. Find a recipe that appeals to you. (There are literally hundreds on this website. Here's a link to the 68 editors' picks: http://www.food52.com/recipes...)

Follow the recipe exactly. Exactly. Enjoy.

So sorry for the spam, everyone! We're still working on this.

Was that spam? How stupid of me. (red faced..........)

@drbabs - not stupid of you at all! A gracious and wonderful answer. One of the things I love about foodpickle is the dignity - it is safe to ask seemingly
'dumb' questions.

Drbabs, wasn't referring to the question itself as spam -- someone answered using an online store link, which I deleted!

MTMitchell

I'm sure that this is very unsophisticated of me, but I use the recipe on the back of Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips with modifications depending on my mood. Sometimes I add a chopped up Heath bar or two, sometimes I add nuts, sometimes I do both, sometimes neither. The oatmeal cookie recipe on the back of Quaker oats is pretty good, too. And I agree with drbabs - if you can read, you can cook (just read the recipe all the way through first...I am the queen of reading it part-way through and then messing up because I didn't read all the instructions).

Apologies! [email protected] drbabs and MTMitchell are right on with their advice. The other thing to remember that making mistakes while cooking is an important part of being a chef. That is where a lot of learning happens. I speak from experience - having made many mistakes!