Peanut milk (or any kind of nut milks)

I recently made peanut milk. After straining it, I baked the residue mashed peanuts in a low oven to remove the moisture. What can I do with this left over nut dried nut powder? It's not quite a flour or powder, it's a bit thicker or grainier.

• Posted by: nat666
  • May 13, 2012

rt21
rt21 May 13, 2012

Make cookies , make a sate sauce, use it as a coating for chicken or pork cutlets, chocolate truffles coated with the peanuts

susan g May 13, 2012

I saw a recipe for a breakfast hot cereal, with peanut meal, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, maple syrup. Something along those lines should work -- just dress up you usual hot cereal.

Elaine Ruth
Elaine Ruth May 13, 2012

I am unfamiliar with peanut milk. How do you use the milk.

nat666
nat666 May 13, 2012

You can use it just like you would any other nut milk or cows milk for that matter You can put it in coffee, cereal, oatmeal, baked goods, etc.

Elaine Ruth
Elaine Ruth May 13, 2012

Thank you nat666. I am going to make some peanut milk and see how I like it I am guessing
I can do this in my Vitamix and then strain.

Should I use raw or roasted peanuts?

nat666
nat666 May 13, 2012

Yes a vitamix would be perfect. Well take the raw peanuts (or almonds) and soak them in water for a few hours. If they still have the skin on, this will make it much easier to remove. After the skin is removed, I like to soak them overnight. Then the next day, rinse them and for every cup of nuts, I use about 4 cups of water. You can blend in cinnamon and honey to give it more flavour. I even like to add a vanilla bean and let it sit for a few days in the fridge because it helps develop the flavour.

Elaine Ruth
Elaine Ruth May 13, 2012

Thanks nat666. Am eager to try this.