🔕 🔔

How long will a whipped cream frosted cake last in the refrigerator?

I am making a sponge base with whipped cream in the middle of 2 or 3 layers of cake. I would prefer not to have to do this just before serving.

asked by susan frimond over 5 years ago

It depends on how (and if) you stabilize the whipped cream. For super stabilization--which I suspect you need for layers, etc--it involves gelatin. I have done it once, I think I used an Alice Medrich recipe. For less intense stabilization, for example if you want your whipped cream to last in a container in the fridge for a day or so without weeping much, using powdered sugar (i.e., the cornstarch) will usually do the trick.

Thank you! What ratio of powdered sugar to cream please.

I usually just sweeten it that way, so when it is sweet enough you should be fine. What would that be, a tablespoon or 2 to a cup of whipping cream? Sorry if I was late answering this, I actually did check to see if you had any questions but I could not find the darn question at first!

23dbe9fa 1d2e 4555 8022 0235f2b67688  389b585bd2ff3048

I've heard that a tsp. of cream of tartar also helps.....