Your personal shoppers, leaving home not required. Shop gift guides »
🔕 🔔

How can I make sweet caramel popcorn?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 4 years ago
Wholefoods user icon

Here's a fairly simple recipe (no candy thermometer needed!) : http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Feel free to omit or scale back on the salt.

9fe0c12c e20f 4669 bb88 2c31ee17d5e2  french river

If you pop your own popcorn, here is the recipe I use. It's 3 ingredients, fast and easy.

Heat 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil in a large heavy bottom pan. Heat until just below the smoke point (or you can thrown in a kernel or two and wait till they pop. When they do, it's ready to go).

Add 1/2 c. popcorn kernels and then sprinkle 4 Tbsp. of sugar over top (I have made with both regular and brown sugar. Both are very good). Put lid on pot and let sit a few seconds until popcorn kernels begin to pop. Shake the pan over the heat. The idea is that once the pop corn starts popping, you don't want to let it sit and let the popcorn burn. Keep shaking pot over the heat until there are a few seconds between pops. Immediately remove from heat and pour popcorn into bowl.

Finish with some kosher salt and enjoy!!

grab your pop corn kernel and add powdered sugar then over low to medium heat roast you will find that the sugar caramelizes the popcorn and it tastes just like it