🔕 🔔

I added 1/2 teaspoon baking soda more to a caramel base. what will happen?

Hello, while making caramel glze for popcorn, I accidentally added 1/2 teaspoon more to the mixture, even though the recipe called for only 1/2 teaspoon.
it was too late for me to remove it (since the machine started moving already), so I just went on with it. the color was a beautiful caramel, and when I added in the popcorn, I tasted it and it seemed okay.
I am still nervous though :< Any thoughts on what will happen?
thank you so much.

asked by dani about 1 year ago

If it tastes ok, you're good to go.

833bd169 d76a 458a ab46 ea1d7ff5bc33  kp

Don't be nervous - it won't hurt anyone. You may taste the baking soda a little, but probably only you will notice it because you know there is a bit extra in the mix.

With all the strange and weird flavourings and colours added to commercial popcorn, your home made caramel popcorn can only be 100 times tastier anyway.