Pegeen is a trusted home cook.
Love tuna sandwiches!
- Try scallions, sliced thin (the white and some of the green part)
- Sliced celery
- Diced red onion
- You could add a tablespoon of capers without their brine
- Combine about 3 parts mayo to 1 part mustard (Dijon or regular hot dog mustard). Whisk them together before folding in to the tuna mixture, adjust proportions to taste.
- Add a little sweet pickle juice to the mayo combo if you like the taste (test combining some of the mayo mixture in a separate bowl with the pickle juice in case you don't like it.)
- Some people like to add a little sweet pickle relish itself (in that case, I'd skip the capers).
I like a loaf of ciabatta or ciabatta rolls but any good bread will do!
you could make a lovely tuna salad with your tuna and green pepper, some halved grape tomatoes and some white beans. A little lemon juice and olive oil is all you need.
pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.
Another riff on the white bean theme is to combine the tuna with thinly sliced red onion a drizzle of good olive oil. Capers do go well with tuna.
healthierkitchen, that sounds delish!
Thanks Pegeen! I love pierino's onions and capers too.
Meant to add - this is a great tuna sandwich:
And for more, just type "tuna" in the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of this screen, where it says "Enter Search Terms."
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
Phish Food enthusiasts beware
There’s an Ugly Secret In Your Ben & Jerry’s
Summer Peach Pie
Ending Soon: Cookware Sale!
The New App That'll Satisfy All Your Pizza Fantasies
Seedlip: The Drink That's Gonna Make Your Summer
prevented successful signup:
We'll never post anything without your permission.
prevented successful login:
Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.
(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)