Are you channeling your best self with this comment? (If you're not sure, check out our Code of Conduct.)
Pegeen is a trusted home cook.
Love tuna sandwiches!
- Try scallions, sliced thin (the white and some of the green part)
- Sliced celery
- Diced red onion
- You could add a tablespoon of capers without their brine
- Combine about 3 parts mayo to 1 part mustard (Dijon or regular hot dog mustard). Whisk them together before folding in to the tuna mixture, adjust proportions to taste.
- Add a little sweet pickle juice to the mayo combo if you like the taste (test combining some of the mayo mixture in a separate bowl with the pickle juice in case you don't like it.)
- Some people like to add a little sweet pickle relish itself (in that case, I'd skip the capers).
I like a loaf of ciabatta or ciabatta rolls but any good bread will do!
you could make a lovely tuna salad with your tuna and green pepper, some halved grape tomatoes and some white beans. A little lemon juice and olive oil is all you need.
pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.
Another riff on the white bean theme is to combine the tuna with thinly sliced red onion a drizzle of good olive oil. Capers do go well with tuna.
healthierkitchen, that sounds delish!
Thanks Pegeen! I love pierino's onions and capers too.
Meant to add - this is a great tuna sandwich:
And for more, just type "tuna" in the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of this screen, where it says "Enter Search Terms."
You'll want to marinate everything in skyr.
19 Memorial Day Recipes
The Word is Out
Strawberry Not-So-Short Cake
A Better Way to Travel