Are you channeling your best self with this comment? (If you're not sure, check out our Code of Conduct.)
Pegeen is a trusted home cook.
Love tuna sandwiches!
- Try scallions, sliced thin (the white and some of the green part)
- Sliced celery
- Diced red onion
- You could add a tablespoon of capers without their brine
- Combine about 3 parts mayo to 1 part mustard (Dijon or regular hot dog mustard). Whisk them together before folding in to the tuna mixture, adjust proportions to taste.
- Add a little sweet pickle juice to the mayo combo if you like the taste (test combining some of the mayo mixture in a separate bowl with the pickle juice in case you don't like it.)
- Some people like to add a little sweet pickle relish itself (in that case, I'd skip the capers).
I like a loaf of ciabatta or ciabatta rolls but any good bread will do!
you could make a lovely tuna salad with your tuna and green pepper, some halved grape tomatoes and some white beans. A little lemon juice and olive oil is all you need.
pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.
Another riff on the white bean theme is to combine the tuna with thinly sliced red onion a drizzle of good olive oil. Capers do go well with tuna.
healthierkitchen, that sounds delish!
Thanks Pegeen! I love pierino's onions and capers too.
Meant to add - this is a great tuna sandwich:
And for more, just type "tuna" in the Search box in the upper right-hand corner of this screen, where it says "Enter Search Terms."
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
Plus, a slice in the morning = vegetables for breakfast. (Kinda?)
3 Carrot Cakes to Make for Some-Bunny You Love
Carnitas, Meet Instant Pot
The Greatest Hits
Olive Oil Cake & a Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin
Dryer Balls—for the Fluffiest Laundry
Captcha must be verfied
Already have an account?
Don't have an account?
Please check your email for instructions on how to reset your password
Successfully logged out
Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.
(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)
Thanks! We'll email you when it's available again.