🔕 🔔

Best way of making multiple tarts when you only have one tart pan?

Hi, I have one round tart pan but for an upcoming party want to make three tarts. As I don't want to buy two additional pans, what's the best way to get the cooked tart off the pan base so that I can reuse it? Parchment? Grease the heck out of it? Thanks!!

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

asked about 6 years ago

SeaJambon

I'm a very big fan of parchment for situations just like this. Foil could also work nicely.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Thank you SeaJambon. I like the idea of parchment but would then just pull the parchment gently off the bottom of the tart so you've got the base back and a parchment-free tart? My brain is not working today!

Easy! Just use Amanda's great tip for dividing a baking ship using a folded strip of foil.
http://food52.com/blog...
You could divide a baking sheet into as many different "tarts" as you like.

Baking "ship"?! Hate auto-correct! I meant, of course, baking "sheet."

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

:) great tip. thanks!

SeaJambon

Yes, just (gently) peel away the parchment.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

SeaJambon, the parchment and peeling worked like a charm! Perfection!! Many thanks!

This sounds like a math story problem ;0)

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

it sure does, and i was NEVER good at those. :)

My palms started to sweat just reading your question.

rt21

What about making galettes instead of tarts, they are free form so you don't need a pan