🔕 🔔

How long after opening a can of anchovies can I keep them in a sealed container in the fridge?

asked by Summer of Eggplant over 5 years ago

They will keep awhile if you continue to recover them with oil. That said, tinned oil packed anchovies are seldom the best. Look for country of origin. If that country is Morocco they are not worth keeping. If you use anchovies a lot (I do) you can purchase the salt packed variety from Italy in big cans. In this case you would need to continue cover them again with sea salt. The intermediate alternative would be the jarred variety which hold pretty well in the fridge.

I separate them into individual fillets and freeze them, they store very well.