🔕 🔔

How long after opening a can of anchovies can I keep them in a sealed container in the fridge?

asked by Summer of Eggplant almost 6 years ago

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

They will keep awhile if you continue to recover them with oil. That said, tinned oil packed anchovies are seldom the best. Look for country of origin. If that country is Morocco they are not worth keeping. If you use anchovies a lot (I do) you can purchase the salt packed variety from Italy in big cans. In this case you would need to continue cover them again with sea salt. The intermediate alternative would be the jarred variety which hold pretty well in the fridge.

I separate them into individual fillets and freeze them, they store very well.