🔕 🔔

Lady Peas

We are having some friends over for a BBQ. The main course is pork shoulder that has been on the smoker since about 5am. Do you think serving lady peas would go well or would the delicate flavor be over-powered by the BBQ?

asked by David Mekeel about 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

One of the things I like about this site is being exposed to foods I've never heard of. Too bad I can't taste all of them! Could someone please tell me what lady peas are? Let me guess: It's a Southern thing?

00c46d23 3575 4258 98ff 95bf01356ea4  stringio

I think lady peas would be delicious with the pork. And yes lady peas are a field pea. Definitely southern.

Hey David,

I think you'll be fine with the lady peas - maybe consider making them into a cold salad to offset the heat of BBQ sauce. :)

Lady pease are a cousin of purple hull peas and other field peas, and now I'm wishing I had planted some...