Ideas for leftover pulled pork

I have a freezer bag full of pulled pork leftover from the superbowl. Unfortunately, it was not so great the first time around. (Mixed with some bbq sauce for bbq pulled pork sandwiches) Flavor was good, but the texture was off - way too mushy. Any thoughts on dishes that I can use the pork in where the texture won't be too much of an issue?

HalfPint March 3, 2014

Make a hash with diced potatoes, celery, onions, & celery. The diced vegetables will compensate for the mushy pork. Serve with eggs (I like sunnyside-up or over easy eggs with any hash).

sexyLAMBCHOPx March 3, 2014

Pork enchiladas.

passifloraedulis
passifloraedulis March 3, 2014

Joe Beef has a recipe for pulled pork fish sticks--you can find the recipe if you google around!

ZombieCupcake
ZombieCupcake March 3, 2014

Sheppards pie

Dave on the grill
Dave on the grill March 3, 2014

You're going to need some crunch, so layering it on nachos with a good sharp cheese works. All the above ideas work well too. If the meat in the fridge isn't mixed w BBQ sauce yet, try making a spicy concoction with jalapeños, or jerk seasoning and doing some hard shelled tacos.

nashama
nashama March 3, 2014

I make sweet potato hash with pulled pork and poached eggs for breakfast. Often heating the pork in a pan will help crisp it up a bit. Delicious layered over the hash.

kimhw
kimhw March 4, 2014

I agree with the Shepards pie. With a corn and plablano mix for the veg and cheddar mashed fir the top. Yummy!!!!

pierino March 5, 2014

Burritos. Combine with rice and refried beans (the traditional, the ones cooked with lard).