Can I lessen the amount of heat?

5773ac5e 9aed 4bfe beac 935eb5152bcb  2012 0719 spicy shrimp james ransom 4955

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Shrimp" from Helen. My husband does not like spicy foods. I would like to reduce the amount of Sricha to a Tablespoon or 2. Any suggestions for making up the rest of the 1/3 C of liquid called for in the recipe?

asked by Tarragon over 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

You could roast a sweet red bell pepper and then pulverize it (or part of it) in a blender.

Tarragon

Thank you, that is a great idea!

babytiger

If he doesn't like spicy food, why make this recipe? Using a non-spicy liquid would totally change the dish. Maybe tomato shrimp would be a better dish?

Tarragon

Because I'm looking for less spice, not no spice. I like the idea of the Worcesteshire and the other flavors. I don't want to make shrimp creole or tomato shrimp.