Best Place to eat in Burlington, VT?

My dad and I are going to be passing through Burlington in a week and with only a couple meals to eat in town, I want to make sure I don't miss out on a local gem.

sexyLAMBCHOPx May 30, 2012

What type of cuisine? It's pretty lo key there as you may know but lots of seasonal and sourced options.

chez_mere
chez_mere May 30, 2012

Anything you might classify as 'New-American' is good, as is anything from the Mediterranean. Probably should avoid Indian food (Dad has a pretty mild palate and bad experiences with it...)

Bevi
Bevi May 30, 2012

I like:

Leunigs. French Bistro food with a local twist.

The Kitchen Table Bistro in Richmond is exceptional.

If you can stray off the beaten path, go to Hardwick and eat at Claire's. The best.

Voted the Best Reply!

motease
motease May 30, 2012

I always go to A Single Pebble whenever I pass through Burlington. The mock eel is a must.

ReneePussman
ReneePussman May 30, 2012

Is it just me or does this question not belong here?

Bevi
Bevi May 30, 2012

???

paseo
paseo May 30, 2012

A good source for restaurant recommendations is a Chowhound board

paseo
paseo May 30, 2012

Also south of B'ton on Rte 7 is Starry Night Cafe in Ferrisburg - amazing food

sexyLAMBCHOPx May 30, 2012

Church and Main- Really good food, not cheap but definitely worth your money. It has food of all kinds not one specific genre.

Trattoria Delia- My family & I love this restaurant. it's authentic Italian food, really good! Its not crazy expensive, it all depends what you drink!!

Rira's- I love this place, so fun to sit outside and have lunch when it's nice out. Really good pub food. Spinach Artichoke dip is soo good.

Hope these help!

chez_mere
chez_mere May 30, 2012

Thanks a bunch! These are great suggestions :)

sheredel
sheredel May 31, 2012

Stone Soup, College St., google this, its right by the pedestrian walk way. Mostly vegetarian but eclectic, delightful, wonderful healthy yet gourmet, all made in house. TRUST ME ON THIS!! they are on facebook and have web site. if your driving up 89, stop off in Richmond, small town, go to Bridge St., turn right 1/2 mile on right On The Rise, Bakery, DO NOT MISS!!

sheredel
sheredel May 31, 2012

just thought of this, need a really good bagel for breakfast, Myers Pine St. or stop in Montpelier at Baggito's for excellent whole wheat bagel, and if not Stone Soup, American Flatbread Pizza St Paul St. Or Penny Clause, Cherry St. very popular breakfast place

chez_mere
chez_mere May 31, 2012

Ooooh, thank you for the wonderful bakery suggestions. I could be considered a carb-o-holic, and my dad is a bagel connoisseur, so we will be sure to check some of these places out :)

Bevi
Bevi May 31, 2012

Mirabelles on Main Street is a cute little pastry shop as well - French Macarons!

Bevi
Bevi May 31, 2012

Also, The Whip at the Green Mountain Inn in Stowe has a great new chef. We have eaten there a few times and like his style.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings May 31, 2012

The Belted Cow in Essex (10 min. NE of Burlington) is amazing, as is the Essex Culinary Resort and Spa's restaurant.