🔕 🔔

What's the best way to freeze focaccia?

I have two loaves of focaccia that I am not going to be able to eat before I go on vacation. Best way to store them in my chest freezer?

asked by always040 over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

With bread, I first wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Don't forget to label it with the contents and date!

I'm even a little more obsessive - I double-wrap in plastic first because focaccia is such a high-moisture bread.

Homemade? It's better to freeze a half portion of unbaked dough than the finished product. Although focaccia should hold up reasonably well, but not for terribly long.

E2daab36 8f3b 4ae9 9dd7 6cb2343ef99d  snowflake 300h

Wrapped in plastic and foil - thanks all! It was an impulse buy at my farmer's market, but I couldnt eat it all before vacation! I'll check on it when I get back.