What's the best way to freeze focaccia?

I have two loaves of focaccia that I am not going to be able to eat before I go on vacation. Best way to store them in my chest freezer?

asked by always040 over 7 years ago

With bread, I first wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, then in foil. Don't forget to label it with the contents and date!

I'm even a little more obsessive - I double-wrap in plastic first because focaccia is such a high-moisture bread.

Homemade? It's better to freeze a half portion of unbaked dough than the finished product. Although focaccia should hold up reasonably well, but not for terribly long.

always040

Wrapped in plastic and foil - thanks all! It was an impulse buy at my farmer's market, but I couldnt eat it all before vacation! I'll check on it when I get back.