🔕 🔔

Black Rice?

Is it possible to make a risotto with black rice? I was at Rama's Kitchen (in between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem -- lovely place in all respects) last night, and the vegetarian option was a black rice dish with a goat cheese cream. I couldn't figure out if it was made like a risotto, or if it was put together after the ingredients were cooked. Either way -- yummy stuff!

asked by Melusine over 5 years ago

Black rice is glutinous, and takes at least twice as long to cook as arborio or similar risotto rices. I'd soak it in room-temperature water for 4 hours before trying to use it as a normal risotto rice. Hope it works!