Geez, what's with these questions? Can I freeze Jello?

• Posted by: pierino
  • November 18, 2010

innoabrd
innoabrd November 19, 2010

Freeze it? Sheesh, I was still trying to figure out how to open the box! Can you help? And, if I do figure out how to open the box and successfully make the jello, can you recommend a good curry recipe I can make, substituting jello for chicken?

betteirene
betteirene November 19, 2010

Hahahahaha. . .you guys crack me up!

First you take a leek. . .

Kayb
Kayb November 19, 2010

Sure,you can freeze it. And then you can use it as ammo in your slingshot.

Gale
Gale November 19, 2010

Enough with the snark, guys. You might want to see how the gadget guy website (GB) presented food52 before coming off like a bunch of high school girls.

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles November 19, 2010

They really opened up the floodgates for these type of questions. Kind of annoying, but what can you do? Answer questions, that's what! YAY!!!

mrslarkin November 19, 2010

It'd be swell to see the gadget guy website. I searched, but came up with nada.

innoabrd
innoabrd November 19, 2010

I couldn't find it either, but maybe it's a twitter thing?

Look, part of the problem is that so many of the questions are obviously like what we did as kids when ELIZA (http://en.wikipedia.org...) first came out. People are asking questions just to see what kind of response they get.

Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon so we can get back to real people asking real questions they're actually interested in getting real answers to.

mrslarkin November 19, 2010

Good day! foodpickle police here. This is the link I found for "the gadget show:"

http://fwd.five.tv/gadget-show/blog/episode-16-take-over-challenge

It says "The video you are trying to watch cannot be viewed from your current country or location." On this page, @foodpickle is listed under "Top 5 Tweeters." Clearly, the gang over at gadget show didn't research @foodpickle at length, hence the many general recipe questions that have been pummeling the site. If anyone can view the video, let us know!

By the by, is the gadget show any good? It can't possibly be as good as Top Gear. Now THAT is a good show!

Now I'm craving curried chicken jello, which doesn't sound half bad, in an aspic sort of way.

Cheerio!

innoabrd
innoabrd November 19, 2010

Couldn't watch it from South Africa either.

pierino November 19, 2010

After all these tweets, I think I can safely say that all of the stereotypes about English cooking have now been confirmed.

Shae Tanzi
Shae Tanzi January 13, 2018

Yes, you can freeze it. But the taste of the frozen jello is different. It is due to the fact that Jello is made up of gelatin. And, it won’t enable the desert to become hardened like ice cubes when you put it in the freezer.Once you freeze them, it loses the texture. The main reason is that freezing will damage the bond between gelatin molecules. If you want more you can check : https://foodgear.org/can-you-freeze-jello/