🔕 🔔

Hola amigos! Anyone know how long to defrost a 5 lb frozen pork shoulder in the micro? First one to get back 2 me gets one of my famous marg

asked by Wellington Wizard over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

DO NOT defrost meat in a microwave for various safety issues. This question was asked several months ago and la domestique had the best answer.
"In restaurants I've worked in we usually thaw frozen meat by placing it in a bowl and running cold water over it. You can turn the water faucet off and change the water every 15-20 minutes. It may seem odd to use cold water, but the idea is to keep meat out of the unsafe (warmer) bacterial growth temperature range. If you're trying to defrost steaks, this won't take too long, if you're defrosting a large roast, it could take more than an hour. Good luck!" http://food52.com/hotline...