What's easiest (and fastest) way to whip up a great steak?

jmburns
jmburns June 18, 2012

Well never whipped up a steak. But I would heat up a grill pan season stem with salt and pepper and coat with olive oil. Sear steak both sides and put in a 350 to 400 oven to finish it off.

Reiney
Reiney June 18, 2012

Steak isn't necessarily fast - for a successful finished product it's important to both temper the steak ahead of time (bring the meat to room temp before cooking it, about 30 mins out of the fridge) and rest for 10 minutes on a rack after cooking to keep the meat moist.

allans
allans June 19, 2012

I agree with the above with one addition. Splash with Worcestershire as it comes to room temp. Adds nice flavor.

Beamer
Beamer June 19, 2012

2nd answer definitely the best. Before cooking, though, season generously with salt and pepper.

michaelzr
michaelzr June 20, 2012

Bring steak to room temp. Smoking hot vegetable oil in a very heavy pan. Salt and pepper right before cooking. Flip every 20 seconds or so.

And open your windows if you can, ha.

BoulderGalinTokyo
BoulderGalinTokyo June 20, 2012

I have fallen in love with Sagegreen's recipe. No need to marinade, just cook. Raspberries, peppers, and onions.

http://food52.com/recipe...