🔕 🔔

how do you keep grains fresh

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

As long as you keep your grains in tightly sealed containers and use them within 3-6 months, they should stay fresh! You might find our pantry organization tips helpful:

http://food52.com/blog...

959cbed1 6d53 423b a801 4cdce9613645  open uri.13930

Fridge and freezer slow down the breakdown of grains. I store my flax and nuts in the freezer. As well as my whole wheat flour.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

A real advantage of freezer storage is that is 'neutralizes' any chance of insects hatching out. And glass jars on a pantry shelf will prevent infestation if the critters try to invade -- the outside and in. One of the hard facts of natural foods is that they bring more nature with them than you intended.