how do you keep grains fresh

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

As long as you keep your grains in tightly sealed containers and use them within 3-6 months, they should stay fresh! You might find our pantry organization tips helpful:

http://food52.com/blog...

chefsusie

Fridge and freezer slow down the breakdown of grains. I store my flax and nuts in the freezer. As well as my whole wheat flour.

A real advantage of freezer storage is that is 'neutralizes' any chance of insects hatching out. And glass jars on a pantry shelf will prevent infestation if the critters try to invade -- the outside and in. One of the hard facts of natural foods is that they bring more nature with them than you intended.