🔕 🔔

How long do roasted beets hold, i.e., how far in advance before next Thursday can I roast the beets I've had in my fridge for a few days? After roasting, I could leave the skins on until ready to make the salad, which I'll most likely do on Wednesday morning. My time is extremely limited between now and dinner time on Thursday, so I'm trying to prep as much as I can, whenever I can. Thanks so much. ;o)

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

I'm pretty certain you can make them quite in advance, AJ. At least a couple of days. In fact, I've seen shrink-wrapped cooked peeled beets for sale in the produce section of the supermarket. Have never tried the store-bought ones, but seems beets must hold up very well.

I would do exactly that, leave the skins on until you are ready to assemble.

Bc343245 99fb 4d2b 8579 9bf9c485181e  me

I agree. I've roasted beets and kept them in the frig up to a week without any problem at all. But like mrslarkin says, keep the skins on until you're ready to use them.

Terrific!! Thanks so much, both of you. I knew someone with experience with know the answer.