How long do roasted beets hold, i.e., how far in advance before next Thursday can I roast the beets I've had in my fridge for a few days? After roasting, I could leave the skins on until ready to make the salad, which I'll most likely do on Wednesday morning. My time is extremely limited between now and dinner time on Thursday, so I'm trying to prep as much as I can, whenever I can. Thanks so much. ;o)

I'm pretty certain you can make them quite in advance, AJ. At least a couple of days. In fact, I've seen shrink-wrapped cooked peeled beets for sale in the produce section of the supermarket. Have never tried the store-bought ones, but seems beets must hold up very well.

I would do exactly that, leave the skins on until you are ready to assemble.

TheWimpyVegetarian

I agree. I've roasted beets and kept them in the frig up to a week without any problem at all. But like mrslarkin says, keep the skins on until you're ready to use them.

Terrific!! Thanks so much, both of you. I knew someone with experience with know the answer.