🔕 🔔

Does NRG egg replacer work for stuff like meatballs or is it just for baking

I understand it is good for baking but only really good for substituting up to 2 eggs. Any suggestions?

asked by Laura Regenhard over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

If you'd like to avoid adding eggs when cooking things like meatballs, you can add a slice of bread soaked in milk and then shredded. The purpose is to act as a binder without being too dense -- it's not like in a cake where it serves as a leavening agent.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I think it will work, but I don't think it is necessary. As Nozlee suggests, moist, shredding bread will work, so will a little bit of ground flax seeds. I don't know that the milk is necessary, I was thinking that tomato juice or thinned tomato paste might add more flavor.
I personally think that there are better natural substitutes for eggs than NRG- bananas, pumpkin, apple sauce, flax, chia seeds are options.