🔕 🔔

Freezing avocado

I just learned you can freeze avocados by mashing them and mixing them with lemon juice. I love this idea as I could finally buy a bunch when they're on sale and not have to worry about paying their normal hefty price whenever I want guacamole. However, I'm concerned about quality - is the texture just as good after its frozen or does it suffer from freezing?

asked by WannabeBaker about 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Yes, mash or purée and add 1T of lemon juice.
Freeze in air tight containers with the amount you would want to use later. Leave a bit of head-space as the mash will expand a bit when freezing.
Add other guacamole ingredients after thawing.