Can guacamole be frozen?

4 avocados are going rather soft- I'd like to use them for entertaining this coming weekend. Any creative suggestions?

asked by PanJo over 4 years ago

Aliwaks

Avocados can be frozen, i'd halve them, take out the pit, put them on a cookie sheet till frozen solid, then put them in a ziploc till ready to use, then thaw and make your guac.

Stephanie

How do you thaw them?

nancy essig

I was told that only Pureed avocado can be frozen.

nancy essig

PanJo

And it won't turn black like when you leave it out in the air?

Aliwaks

i have used frozen avocado halves, they shouldn't turn black the cold air should stop that process

PanJo

thank you, thank you, thanks!

ATG117

Surprised about this. I would be hesitant to freeze and use in guac, would suggest tasting it before you serve.