🔕 🔔

Chicago brunch/ light lunch spots

Any suggestions for brunch or light lunch spots in the Gold Coast/mag mile area. Would love something relaxed and quaint, where I can get a great salad or eggs, etc.

asked by ATG117 over 5 years ago

I'm not sure if qualifies as "light" but the Purple Pig on Michigan Avenue is great, especially if you like things like pork rillettes. On the other side of the river in the Blackstone Hotel there is Mercat ala Planxa which is possibly more what you are after. I haven't been to Avec but it also is highly regarded.

The Park Hyatt restaurant isn't quaint but it's got a really neat view of the city. You could also try RL, but I'm not sure they are open for lunch. Banderra is always good and a bit more casual than the first two I mentioned. AVEC is not open for lunch.. Have fun! You will love our city.

I like Bandera too, although it is a chain--- sort of an upscale version of Applebee's. Good wines, good stuff coming off of the grill.

6139bdb6 5380 4d4e bee6 4a496195594b  stringio

Bistro Zinc, 1131 N . State St.
Cafe des Architecteds, in the Sofitel,
20 E. Chestnut
Feast, 25 E. Delaware Place