can i freeze light brown sugar?

can i freeze light brown sugar?

Thanks :)

asked by Erica almost 5 years ago

Yes, no problem.

Yes, but I'm curious as to why you would want to.

I keep mine in the freezer. It doesn't dry out and get hard - defrosts in a minute.

Erica

Cynthia - I was overly ambitious over the holidays and bought more than was reasonable for non-industrial consumption :) I freeze lots of my flours, grains, and nuts to keep 'em fresh, so I was curious if I could do the same with brown sugar.

Many flours, grains, and nuts benefit from freezing. Brown sugar will keep forever in a moisture-proof container. Unless you have unlimited freezer space, I wouldn't bother.

Erica

Chris: Unlimited freezer space? Unfortunately, no. But unlimited dry-storage space? Nope, not that either. The good news is that it sounds like it should keep either way. Yay!