Fig Cake

I just finished the last of a fig cake I got in Greece and would love to make something like it. It was just a solid cake of dried fig, packaged with some rosemary. By "cake" I don't mean something with flour - it was just fig paste, dried to a point where it could still be cut with a good knife and some pressure. Can anyone point me to a recipe? Thanks!

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they sell both fig and date "cakes". They complement cheese, and WF stocks them at the cheese counter. Serve them with cheese and nuts and you have a fine, simple dessert.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

My thanks to both of you!