🔕 🔔

Fig Cake

I just finished the last of a fig cake I got in Greece and would love to make something like it. It was just a solid cake of dried fig, packaged with some rosemary. By "cake" I don't mean something with flour - it was just fig paste, dried to a point where it could still be cut with a good knife and some pressure. Can anyone point me to a recipe? Thanks!

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

asked about 5 years ago

5f73e544 157c 472a 8f91 40a7c47948b4  photo on 2010 06 16 at 22.06 4

I've not seen this in Greece, but it might be similar to the pan de higo you find in Spain.. There's a recipe here..http://gildedfork.com/pan...
It's a delicious thing...

If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they sell both fig and date "cakes". They complement cheese, and WF stocks them at the cheese counter. Serve them with cheese and nuts and you have a fine, simple dessert.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

My thanks to both of you!