eggplant mise?

How far in advance can one prep eggplant? How should it be stored? thanks!

asked by Mei Chin over 6 years ago

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Probably depends on what you're doing with it. Cut eggplant will oxidize, but if you're just going to fry or put it in a red/brown sauce that's not really a problem.

Like any cut vegetable it will age, but a few hours should be fine. Pop it in the fridge, covered with cling film, until you're ready to use it.

ChrisBird

Agreed it depends. I almost always slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt to get some of the more biter liquids out. I have left that draining for a couple of hours with no issues.