Just for fun:childhood food craziness.

When I was a little girl I used to have coffee and cookies for breakfast...Kinda normal?Yes,but I used to crush the cookies in the coffee and turn them into a porridge like goo.I think it was my first original recipe!Also for breakfast:cream crackers with mayo,ketchup and parmesan.How about you?

sdebrango July 3, 2012

My Italian Grandfather used to have something very similar for breakfast every morning, hot espresso and he would break up cake like angel food or sponge cake in the coffee. He used to call it Zuppa. I still enjoy pound cake or a cake doughnut dunked in coffee.
Me I guess the weirdest food I have had for breakfast is leftover pasta and thats not too weird I guess or maybe when I was a teen instant breakfast which is really just chocolate milk.

boulangere July 3, 2012

Cake is one of my favorite breakfasts, especially with coffee - on the cake or in the coffee.

mensaque
mensaque July 3, 2012

Something I loved as a child and still do,maybe because it goes so well with brazilian food is banana with a bit of olive oil.With black beans,white rice,ground beef and okra,and some yuka meal on top...you have no idea!

sexyLAMBCHOPx July 3, 2012

Tater Tot "soup". Tater Tots with turkey gravy and a squirt of ketchup mixed together.

boulangere July 3, 2012

OMG, I'm in heaven!

petrea
petrea July 3, 2012

Flavor straws!!!!

Sam1148 July 4, 2012

Ice Cream with Sanka coffee crystals. (caffeine free for kids).

Maedl July 4, 2012

Perhaps it was not crazy at the time, but with the acquired wisdom of age and improved nutritional knowledge, I cringe at having downed far too many breakfasts consisting of Lucky Charms or Trix , which I let sit in the milk until they disintegrated to mush. I also loved banana sandwiches--a banana split lengthwise on a slice of spongy white bread slathered with mayonnaise from a jar. What was I thinking?? When my parents were out, I was also known to pull the box of powdered sugar out of the closet, dump some into a bowl, and mix with butter and cream. To eat, I simply dipped my finger in the mixture and licked it off. I am surprised I survived!

mensaque
mensaque July 4, 2012

LOL!!!

boulangere July 4, 2012

On a similar note, I loved to slather French toast with butter (margarine actually - I'm not sure my mother ever in her life purchased butter), followed by liberal amounts of powdered sugar.

sexyLAMBCHOPx July 5, 2012

B - My mother alwaya had margarine in the house growing up. It wasn't until I was older (I could pay for my ownfood) what the hell I was missing in butter!

MTMitchell
MTMitchell July 4, 2012

I used to have milkshakes -- complete with ice cream -- to which my mom would add a raw egg (this was pre-salmonella knowledge and we got our eggs from the farm down the street). I still eat leftover pasta for breakfast (nothing too heavy or fancy), and leftover pie and most cake (carrot, German chocolate are ok but for some reason chocolate layer cake or devil's food isn't...? Not sure how the rules got made but we stick to them!) are still breakfast items in my parents' house and mine. My aunt uses to eat minestrone for breakfast.

mensaque
mensaque July 5, 2012

I see your salmonela and you raise some mad cow!!!One of my favorite snaks groing up was raw ground beef straight from the fridge...no salt,no nothing!My bare version of a puerile stake tartare.

Panfusine
Panfusine July 7, 2012

Oatmeal with milk, sugar & powdered cardamom. I used to hate the texture and masking it as a 'payasam' (Indian rice pudding dessert) was the only way my mom wd make it go in.. (& stay there!)
2. Ketchup sandwiches