🔕 🔔

What herbs do you use with lambchops?

asked by Bek almost 6 years ago

lindycindy

Rosemary.

Bek
Bek

Yes. This is always a yes for me.

Parsley , mint, and oregano

And thyme as well.

I did this with pork chops recently, and I imagine it would be equally good with lamb:
http://food52.com/recipes...

Maria Teresa Jorge

Definitely mint!

Bek
Bek

I think mint and rosemary are two musts, but I'm still looking for that one recipe or ingredient that I'm hoping to finally "wow" me one day. The hunt continues.

Also consider herbs du Provence. Chimichurri is great (parsley based but I often sneak some mint in there too) and there is no reason a basil pesto wouldn't work!!!

Bek
Bek

Never tried it. I must test it out. Thank you!

Summer of Eggplant

I typically use a combination of thyme, rosemary, parsley and garlic. But I will certainly try aargersi's chimmuchurri suggestion in the future.

depends upon what flavors I want with them at the time. It could be herbes de Provence (either fresh or dried) that definitely include lavender greens, or it could be Ras el Hanout, that lovely Moroccan spice mix, or coat them with whole cumin seeds and grill (would you believe that's a Chinese flavor?)

Bek
Bek

That is interesting! Coat and grill. Wow, I need to get to work before Christmas comes!

savorthis

We usually have to do a lamb duel at my house because my husband always wants to mix dijon, red wine vinegar, garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper, marinate and grill. I typically prefer a version of this black bean, red curry paste that caramelizes and has a bit of sweet, spicy richness with a hint of orange which is amazing with lamb: http://www.epicurious.com.... I also really enjoy a cumin-y lamb - good both with chops and excellent with strips cut from a leg. Truly some of the best lamb I have had:: http://www.savorthis.com....

GiGi26

I always use Olive oil, lemon and Cavenders Greek Seasoning.