"Italian Herb Seasoning" - It's in a recipe I'm trying; I've never bought/used the stuff. What's its equivalent in fresh herbs? Thank you.

;o)

Thyme, oregano, basil, sometimes rosemary.

TomB

If you are cooking you can't go wrong because fresh herbs flavor diminishes quickly
If raw go easy on rosemary but oregano and parsley you can be liberal with

TomB

Yes basil too

Mlc1977

Depending on what you are making the add cost of fresh herbs may not be worth the time and price. Really good dry Italian spice blend can be good in the right thing. I love the one from Badia.

Thanks, everyone. My fresh herbs are growing in pots outside my kitchen (except parsley, which I always have on hand, and basil, but I put up my own pesto to use in the wintertime) so the relative cost is not really an issue for me. I'll keep Badia in mind though, in case I ever need to buy a dried blend. ;o)

Dried oregano, and dried basil are the key components but it may also include powdered garlic. Believe me, in Italy they don't use "Italian" seasoning.

If you have Herbes de Provence, you can use that.