🔕 🔔

Montreal Smoked Meat

Any ideas as too how this delectable signature sandwich from Montreal is prepared and smoked. I have searched far and wide for this broadly protected and well kept secret over the years without much success. Have tried a few variations ... again without getting it right although delicious none the less.

asked by wild4 almost 6 years ago

You & a million others! I grew up in Montreal & 40 years later I still miss it. If you ever work out a good recipe I would love to try it. ;)

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Smoked Montreal Meat is cured brisket (corned beef), cooked and smoked very slowly til tender.

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Hope you don't mind me bouncing up this topic, but I would really love a recipe for Montreal Smoked Meat.

Someone once told me the basic cure is like pastrami, but then the spices are different? Anyone have a recipe or is it a trade secret?