Montreal Smoked Meat

Any ideas as too how this delectable signature sandwich from Montreal is prepared and smoked. I have searched far and wide for this broadly protected and well kept secret over the years without much success. Have tried a few variations ... again without getting it right although delicious none the less.

asked by wild4 about 6 years ago

jsdunbar

You & a million others! I grew up in Montreal & 40 years later I still miss it. If you ever work out a good recipe I would love to try it. ;)

usuba dashi

Smoked Montreal Meat is cured brisket (corned beef), cooked and smoked very slowly til tender.

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Hope you don't mind me bouncing up this topic, but I would really love a recipe for Montreal Smoked Meat.

Someone once told me the basic cure is like pastrami, but then the spices are different? Anyone have a recipe or is it a trade secret?