How can I use part of a can of sweetened condensed milk?

So I have most of a can of sweetened condensed milk sitting in the fridge from when I needed just a bit a few weeks ago. How can I use it? Preferably in a relatively simple way that doesn't require 15 more ingredients and 2 hours of kitchen time. :-)

While Peter no longer works for Food52 he still thinks up ways to make the website better.

asked about 6 years ago

Cook it down and make dulce de leche!

Peter
Peter

Ha! Io that all the time by simmering the sealed can ("boiled can" as my Argentine friend calls it) but it never occurred to me to pour off the contents and simmer them.

Just simmer on ultra-low until the color looks right?

Esther Plume

Spread it on bread and eat it as is... Delicious, and no real prep, and minimal ingredients! Or Brazilian limeade...

beyondcelery

You can also put it into coffee; it's like dessert!

Make Vietnamese iced coffee--perfect for the summer!

On a hot muggy day, a Vietnamese iced coffee is nectar of the gods. No exaggeration.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Eat it with a spoon. yum. or cover it and leave it in the back of the fridge for some months...it will get nice and thick and somewhat crystalized...then eat it with a spoon. yum.

Kitchen Butterfly

Make a curd, instead of using citruses, you use the milk, vanilla extract and some brown sugar - call it a quick dulce de leche! Or make Key Lime pie!

Make Pulled Tea. Basically strong and very hot tea with the milk and sugar poured back and forth between two containers slowly increasing the distance between the containers until it's frothy and cooled down.

Panfusine

Is that what its called? Pulled tea?? WE used to call it coffee / tea by the Yard..

Hilarybee

Avocado pudding/smoothie!

threefresheggs

1/2 can sweet/cond. milk + 1/2 an avocado + tons of ice + powerful blender = @#$%ing brilliant avaocado milkshake. Will make you weak in the knees.

We been using a ghirardelli "hot coco" mix. (which which has some sugar really isn't that sweet, but no milk solids like a 'instant' coco---it's mostly just chocolate and not very sweet).
And mix that with coffee the night before and chill...then in a travel mug. Add some condensed milk in and use a 'magic bullet' to froth it up. (sometimes a cube of ice). You could use a stick blender and just rinse it off and you're good to go for a commute.

yes, I know we should use cold pressed for chilled coffee, but I'm not that pickey and you really use more coffee beans than you would for french pressed and put in a tea pot in the fridge the night before using.

ATG117

I asked this a while back: http://food52.com/hotline...

babytiger

Coffee/tea is a great idea. Vietnamese coffee and Hong Kong style milk tea both use condense milk.

In Hong Kong, people put it on toast. I like it better when you first spread peanut butter on the toast and then drizzle the milk on. Good on hot waffle as well.

BoulderGalinTokyo

Hi Peter,
Excuse me but...

"Peter works for food52 and thinks up ways to make the website better."

The answer from ATG117 is important. I checked and that tag is correct. So if you are finding it hard to use the hotline for info maybe we need to think of a different way to access (categorize) info?