What's your default Ratatouille?

My aunt has a garden about to burst with the ingredients. She doesn't like lengthy or complicated cooking. I was looking for a simple ratatouille and was thinking to try the oven roasted version on Chocolate & Zucchini blog, then I found the Alice Waters genius version here.

asked by nutcakes over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

The Alice Waters version would be perfect for your aunt -- all the vegetables are cooked in the same pot, one at a time, instead of in separate pans!

chef of the future 2000

The Alice waters version is all that and a bag of chips! Easy peasy and yummy

Both of those recipes are delicious. You should try both. If I had to say "default," I'd go with a roasted version. Really easy to make, really easy to vary as the season progresses in the garden.

I cook all the vegetables in the same pot. The only one that is added significantly later than the others is the zucchini.

...and I use anchovies instead of salt. Kind of a "secret ingredient!"