2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

French vegetable dish similar to ratatouille with chickpeas

Some time ago I made a French dish that was reminiscent of ratatouille. I remember it involved zucchini, tomato and chickpeas. I thought it was from the New York Times Cook Book but when I looked, I couldn't find it. I seem to remember the dish had a distinctive name and now it completely escapes me. What is the name of the dish (if not ratatouille)?

asked by Rachel M almost 5 years ago
84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Patricia Wells' French cookbooks might be a good place to look. It could also be a French dish inspired by flavors and recipes from some of its former colonies like Algeria.

On the other hand, adding chickpeas to ratatouille is a common variation, so it could just be that!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.