🔕 🔔

French vegetable dish similar to ratatouille with chickpeas

Some time ago I made a French dish that was reminiscent of ratatouille. I remember it involved zucchini, tomato and chickpeas. I thought it was from the New York Times Cook Book but when I looked, I couldn't find it. I seem to remember the dish had a distinctive name and now it completely escapes me. What is the name of the dish (if not ratatouille)?

asked by Rachel M over 5 years ago

84e1393f 0d16 4291 80cf 2c42b5acf188  noz photo

Patricia Wells' French cookbooks might be a good place to look. It could also be a French dish inspired by flavors and recipes from some of its former colonies like Algeria.

On the other hand, adding chickpeas to ratatouille is a common variation, so it could just be that!