🔕 🔔

I'm making coquille st Jacque for my cooking club tonight. Just finished the sauce etc and need to transport it

Should I refrigerate? I'm about 1 1/2 hours from leaving. I'll dish into scallop shells there and broil until bubbly

asked by kbckitchen over 5 years ago

Definitely refrigerate! And transport in some kind of cold storage. Especially if the weather is even remotely warm. Fish is very fragile.

I agree with ChefJune. Coquilles are among those things that should be prepared al minute. As in cook it NOW! Scallops are highly perishable.

An hour and a half of sitting on the counter probably won't be an issue but why push your luck?