I'm making coquille st Jacque for my cooking club tonight. Just finished the sauce etc and need to transport it

Should I refrigerate? I'm about 1 1/2 hours from leaving. I'll dish into scallop shells there and broil until bubbly

asked by kbckitchen about 6 years ago

Definitely refrigerate! And transport in some kind of cold storage. Especially if the weather is even remotely warm. Fish is very fragile.

I agree with ChefJune. Coquilles are among those things that should be prepared al minute. As in cook it NOW! Scallops are highly perishable.

chef of the future 2000

An hour and a half of sitting on the counter probably won't be an issue but why push your luck?