🔕 🔔

Will a scalloped potatoe dish be ok if I just assemble it the day before,,then cook it the following day.

asked by hlared over 6 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I would think the flour and milk/cream will turn it to a paste. Why not cook it the day before 80% of the way, then just pop in the oven to finish and crisp before serving.

This has been asked a few times lately for scalloped and gratin potatoes. You run the risk of potatoes poking out of the liquid and they'd turn grey/black. bigpan give the best option to cook partially. When you store it, press plastic wrap directly onto the completely cooled dish.

This will turn into a nasty mush if you try to leave it for 24 hours. Best option is, as previously suggested, par-bake it, then cool, cover and finish off later.