I baked a scalloped potatoes dish for 60 minutes uncovered when it was supposed to be covered. The potatoes were not fully cooked. What can I do to this dish so it's edible? Help!!!!

asked by [email protected] over 7 years ago

latoscana

I'd cover and return to the oven.

TiggyBee

I agree, cover and return to the oven. You may need to add a bit more liquid as well.

betteirene

If it's otherwise done--if it's nicely browned on the top and bottom, I'd microwave it for two or three minutes, cover it tightly and let it rest for a few more minutes.

ChefDaddy

I've never been able to cook a scalloped potato dish in 60min. I keep covered until potatoes are tender then I uncover and continue to cook until they are brown on top. Usually closer to two hours. But I guess it depends on the size of batch and cooking vessel.