A question about a recipe: Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Mint Curry

3808f1e5 93b9 483a b4f0 aae66b2eb09f  7598624730 3a33c3c6cf z

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Mint Curry" from Creativecook. It says:

"Place the entire mixture in a slow cooker, add in the salt, sugar and the tomato and turn the setting on a high." If I were going to cook this on the stovetop - or even in the oven (Covered) what temp should I use to replicate the slow cooker setting?

asked by meganvt01 almost 6 years ago

Hi Meganvt01 - when I was testing I was toggling back and forth high to low on the crock pot, I think stovetop that slow and stead will win the race. I would bring it up to a good simmer, then back off to a very low simmer. I would also make extra cashew cream - I ate several spoonsful while, you know, doing a little quality control. Ahem.

Benny

you would also be fine covered in the oven at about 300 F for a couple hours. I don't know why, but I always prefere slow cooking in the oven compared to the stove top.