🔕 🔔

Do homemade corn tortillas freeze well?

I want to make a lot of corn tortillas ahead for a big party and I'm wondering if I could make them about 2 weeks ahead and freeze them. Will this work, and if so, what's the best way to freeze and reheat them? I know they won't be as good as freshly made, but will they still be better than storebought?

asked by PickleMuseum about 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Yes, they can be frozen. Allow them to defrost in the refrigerator then steam to reheat. Wrap a stack in a tea towel, heat under steam for a few minutes then transfer to a low oven for at least 15 min.