freezing corn muffins

Can I freeze homemade corn muffins? If so, what is the best method for defrosting and preheating for Thanksgiving day?

asked by Leslieislate 22 days ago

Erin Alexander

Hi there! Looking into this for you.

Leslieislate

Thank you, Erin!

Erin Alexander

Ok! So, you totally can freeze them. Here's the best method for freezing and defrosting muffins, from Alice Medrich:

"Bake and cool these completely. Freeze them (preferably unfrosted) in a freezer bag. Thaw them in the bag at room temperature; if you're thawing only a few, transfer them to another bag to thaw. Muffins may be reheated to serve warm."

Here's the full article: https://food52.com/blog...

I hope that helps and have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Leslieislate

Thank you! One last thing - Should I remove muffin liners from the muffins before I freeze?

Erin Alexander

I probably would so they don't stick or get soggy as the muffins defrost!