🔕 🔔

31cdd18a 4275 4bee ae5a 88bcb2eea6c3  jillian

Whole or as flour? Either are good.

I routinely add whole millet to breads. As little as 1/2 cup to 2 loaves adds a wonderful and subtle crunch.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

It's also easy to add millet to bread if it is cooked first. A little trick I like to do is "toast" millet first, either in a "dry" pan or with a little oil. this gives the grain a little more flavor when it's cooked. Make sure it's room temperature before adding to bread recipe. I would add it in with the liquid part of the ingredients since it might be a bit "mushy."