🔕 🔔

What is millet?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 5 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Millet is a small, roundish-looking seed with a yellow hue. You can use them in baked goods, and as a porridge, and millet is often ground into flour and used in gluten-free baked goods.

I forgot to mention, if you do a search for "millet" in the recipes on this site, you'll come up with some really tasty-looking suggestions.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Millet is said to be the only alkaline grain (rather than acidic as other grains are), and has been called 'the queen of grains.'