What can you use to make millet bread thicker

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

Thicker than what?

beyondcelery

Thicker or denser? Are you trying to make a higher loaf? If you're making gluten-free bread, I would fold a whipped egg white or two into your dough before you let it rise and only let it rise once, in the form you'd like to bake it.

wssmom

Millet is a very fine and light flour. In gluten-free baking, it is generally combined with other gluten-free flours, not used by itself. One such combination might be equal parts brown rice flour, millet flour, sweet rice flour and tapioca starch (with some xanthan gum). Hope this helps!