🔕 🔔

Should a ganache frosted chocolate cake be chilled in the refrigerator before serving?

asked by Kanika about 5 years ago

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

When I'm frosting a cake with ganache, I like to chill the cake itself before frosting. That way, the ganache cools and stiffens, giving you more time to work without feeling like you have to rush. Beyond that, I second lloreen. You want the ganache to be firm, and during the summer this is especially tenuous. Besides, something about cold ganache is really luxurious.