Buttercream/frosting in advance?

I'm making a 2 layer cake for a bridal shower; it's a chocolate cake but the frosting needs to be white (bridal theme I guess?). I have my cake recipe all ready but I'm trying to figure out what kind of frosting would be best. I need to transport the cake layers and either assemble them at the shower location or make the frosting in advance and frost the cake at the location, so I don't know if anyone has any recommendations as to a white frosting or buttercream that can be made in advance and won't need too much equipment (such as a hand mixer) because I really don't feel like bringing cake layers plus a mixer to another location. Thanks!

asked by Ali Worthalter 9 months ago

You could make the buttercream in advance bring it with in a container and frost at the shower. One of my favorites with chocolate cake is a cream cheese frosting, it's white and stands up well. I use 8 oz softened unsalted butter, 8 ounce cream cheese, confectioners sugar (about 3 cups) vanilla and a few tbs of milk or cream until it's the right consistency for spreading.