🔕 🔔

I was trying to make caramel sauce for apples, and I caramelized the sugar and then stirred in cream, but it's still grainy, so I'm pretty sure I didn't cook it enough. Can it be rescued? I've been microwaving it in short bursts, but the graininess doesn't seem to be reducing yet. Thanks!

asked by ErinH almost 7 years ago

P.S. It's a wet caramel--sugar and water come to a boil, then caramelize, then I added cream.

6d812419 52db 4fe8 983a 4431d769882e  rattlesnake ridge me glenn 08.28.10 001

You need to bring it back up to a boil for a good 5 mins and maybe add a little water and more cream. Then give it a simmer for 15mins and if its still really grainy you're probably out of luck.