Help! The recipe I'm making says to cook the sugar to make a "medium caramel." Does this look right?

E3c40766 6696 4b38 a0fa d3efa986ad63  food52 11 01 11 5287

sugar, caramel, saucepan, heat

asked by MGB almost 7 years ago

francesca gilberti
francesca gilberti

Francesca is the former Assistant Editor of food52 and believes you can make anything out of farro.

That looks perfect! What are you making?

MGB
MGB

I'm making brittle--kicking off the holiday indulgence a little bit early!

Looks good! Good for you for getting started early. I wish I were as organized as you are.

The best way, actually to see the color of your caramel is to drop a few drops onto a white plate. It tends to look darker in the pot than it may truly be.