Mandolin equipment

I need a recommendation for a new mandolin that is easy to use, safe, and does a good job with various attachments.

asked by sue_ann_canvasser over 6 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

This Kyocera mandoline is the same model that our test kitchen manager Jennifer Vogliano (jvcooks on the site) swears by!

http://www.amazon.com/Kyocera-CSN-202-RD-Adjustable-Mandoline-Slicer/dp/B000HZBXOA/ref=sr_1_1?tag=food52-20

lloreen

Mine was a few dollars at a Chinese restaurant store - it does the trick. Sometimes simpler is better.

linzarella

Benriner is inexpensive, durable, and gets the job done. I have this one and couldn't be happier with it. The three attachments for julienning are great too.

http://www.casa.com/p/benriner-japanese-mandoline-slicer-238961?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_C&utm_term=ZPV-2915&utm_campaign=GoogleAW&CAWELAID=1309125981&utm_content=pla&adtype=pla&cagpspn=pla

sue_ann_canvasser

Thank you so much for all the replies. Just bought the OXO Good Grips. Love it. Not the hand one but larger . I already sliced eggplant different thickness. It has a wide base to accommodate a eggplant. It took a few minutes to become familiar with. It has won several high markings with different cooking sources.