How should I cook fingerling potatoes?

Prefer roasting and I grow fresh herbs!

asked by KMikrot over 6 years ago

JanetFL

I split them in half lengthwise, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper, and roast in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Definitely add your fresh herbs of choice!

Panfusine

I par boil them in salted water , cut them in half lenghtwise, toss them in oil, paprika or cayenne & salt with a little sumac or dry mango powder. a then roast them on either a cast iron pan or bake them at 400 F until the skins are golden brown.

Cannizzo

I agree same as Janet fl if add fresh rosemary chopped fine and garlic the last 15 min. Of roasting

mainecook61

Fingerlings make exceptional home fries.

vvvanessa

I boil them until just cooked through, cool them a bit, then crush them with the heel of my hand so they're flattened a bit but still intact. Then I pan fry them with a good deal of olive oil and a healthy sprinkle of salt. If I enjoyed deep frying more, I might do that instead of pan frying. They're amazing under a runny fried egg.

Summer of Eggplant

Much like Janet I split them down the center lengthwise, toss them with olive oil and put face down on a baking sheet at 400 for about 25 minute, sprikle with sea salt and I serve them with creme fraiche and caviar.