🔕 🔔

Second Use of Marinade

If I've marinated the chicken for a chicken and veggie stir-fry, after I've cooked the chicken, can I safely use the leftover marinade to cook with the veggies in order to make a sauce for them.

asked by HomeKuchen about 5 years ago

7d6f1c7c 61b9 4b07 86e4 dbd4b1caeb8d  coopers

I think as long as you cook up the marinade it is OK, but don't use it over items you plan to serve raw.

Thanks! That's just what I'm doing...hard boil for 2 minutes, then add back the chicken and stir fried veggies.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

Only if it comes back to a boil and cooks thoroughly ,HomeKuchen. There are chicken juices/bacteria which can be dangerous if not cooked throughout. I rarely reuse chicken or fish marinades unless I can be sure they are cooked to the degree you want the chicken and fish themselves.

ATL

I completely agree with Chef Ono. I think reusing marinade that has been in contact with meet, chicken, or seafood is really risky even when cooked again. Better to do a fresh marinade--and you get a new flavor, too.

ATL

Sorry! I meant CHeeb.